Limited Seats Available: Book before 15 September 2023 and enjoy a whopping $1,000/- discount!
Meditation is the art of focusing or clearing your mind using mental and physical techniques. It gives you a sense of calm, peace, and balance, benefiting your emotional wellbeing and health to a great degree. You can also meditate to relax and cope with stress by refocusing your attention, calming, and making yourself more organized. Meditation shares duties with your daily routine and healthy lifestyle choices to balance your inner peace.
Through meditation, you can not only relax but also reduce anxiety, stress, and hypertension, increase self-awareness, enhance your creativity and imagination, increase patience and tolerance, gain a new perspective for every stressful situation in your life, eliminate negative emotions, lower resting blood pressure and heart rate, focus on the present and improve your sleep quality.
By corroborating a few simple things before you commence meditating, you can have a wonderful, fulfilling experience in meditation. Here are seven basic steps to get started with the art of meditating –
1. Choose a particular time at your convenience. Meditation is relaxation. If you are thinking about meditating correctly, give yourself time to practice it when you are comfortable and convenient. Pick a time when you want to have the freedom to relax and enjoy. Make your mind free of all odds and things in your work-life routine. The hours of sunrise and sunset are also ideal for meditation. These hours are when there is a serene calm at home, helping you to meditate easily.
2. Choose a quiet place and a peaceful environment to meditate. Meditation demands commitment and space free from distractions. Therefore, a quiet room in your house, a soft open spot in the nature or garden amidst the greenery, or even a meditation center can make your experience more soothing and enjoyable. Meditation in a calm space also helps you reconnect with your mind, body, and self, effectively channelling your inner and outer auras.
3. While meditating, your posture makes a difference. Get familiar with a comfortable seated position to rejoice in the benefits of meditating. The best way is to sit on the floor on a 'yoga mat.' Keep your spine straight and relaxed with your hands resting on your lap. Relax, and be steady as much as possible. Sit straight with your spine vertically upright, focus on your breathing technique, keep your shoulders and neck relaxed, and keep your eyes closed throughout the process.
4. Start with a few warm-ups before meditation to bring your attention to the present moment and prepare your body and mind for the same. If you are wondering how to start meditating, a few warm-up or subtle yoga exercises before meditation helps improve blood circulation, remove inertia and restlessness, and make the body feel lighter. Warm-up exercises such as rotating your neck, wrists, waist, and ankles are essential steps in learning to meditate, enabling you to sit steadily for longer.
5. Taking deep breaths before meditation is another essential tip for learning the soulful process. Deep breathing before beginning a meditation technique is preferable. It helps to anchor your breathing pattern in an exemplary flow and leads the mind into a peaceful meditative state. Pay attention to your breath as you inhale and exhale. Count your breaths if it helps you to stay focused. Tenderly bring your consciousness back to your breath if your mind gets diverted.
6. Keep a gentle smile on your face and feel the positivity surrounding you. Smiling gently throughout the meditation keeps you relaxed and peaceful while enhancing your experience. It helps you to bridge the gap between your heart and mind, eradicate negative thoughts and welcome the goodness of liveliness.
7. As you come to the end of the meditation, skip being in a hurry to open your eyes or move your body immediately. Instead, become aware of yourself and your surroundings, rub your palms and generate mild heat between them, cup both palms on your eyes, and gradually open them. Then slowly move your body, and you are ready for the day with a rejuvenating energy!